COVID-19 has been affecting our daily lives in extreme ways since its onset at the beginning of 2020. With its serious implications, it is important that we do everything that we can to stop the spread of the virus and protect ourselves and our loved ones. Disinfecting everything that we touch and come into contact with can be an overwhelming thought. Here is a look at the best way to use alcohol wipes while disinfecting your home from COVID-19:
Alcohol Wipe Basics
Disposable alcohol wet wipes are a great addition to your cleaning and disinfecting arsenal. Just like any other product, they are intended to be used in a specific way to maintain efficacy. Here are some key tips to remember:
- Throw them away: Disposable disinfectant wipes are meant to be thrown away. Do not try to reuse them, and definitely do not try to place used wipes back into the package. This is a sure-fire way to cross-contaminate the wipes, which can render them useless or ineffective.
- Have a method: It is also always best to have a system. Start in a specific area and end in a specific area. This will ensure that you do not miss any surfaces or touch anything that has already been disinfected.
- Be thorough: When wiping anything, be sure to cover the entire surface area. Alcohol wipes are only effective on the surface area that they touch. This means that it is extremely important that you do not miss any surface area.
- No standing liquid: Even though it is not common to have this problem with alcohol wipes, you should never allow the liquid to pool or sit in one place. Be sure to wipe away any excess liquid before moving on to the next area.
- Repeat: If you have a lot of people around or if certain areas of your home receive a lot of traffic, wipe those areas throughout the day so that they remain sanitary.
Cleaning and disinfecting go hand-in-hand, but they are actually different processes. Be sure that you clean dirt and debris from areas that are to be sanitized before you disinfect them. Disinfectant wipes can be used on a variety of things. They are extremely effective on smooth surfaces that receive a lot of touch. Here is a list of areas that are easy to forget, yet are vital to remember:
- Handle on Toilet
- Steering Wheels
- Knobs on Sinks
- Cabinet handles
- Drawer Pulls
- Refrigerator Handle
- Cell Phones
This is by no means a comprehensive list but includes a few easily forgotten areas. When you use the alcohol wipes, be sure to dispose of them after each item or surface to prevent cross-contamination. Be sure to read and adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines for use when using your disinfecting wipes to ensure your safety and the maximum efficacy of the product.
If you are wondering where to find disinfecting wipes, look no further than Cleanspure. Cleanspure offers quality products, competitive pricing, and customer service that is second to none.
Cleanliness and sanitation are crucial in the world that we live in. Alcohol wipes can help combat germs, bacteria, and even viruses. When it comes to safeguarding your home and family, do not settle for less than the best. You can count on Cleanspure to provide quality sanitation products to fit your needs.